Thank you for purchasing our End-of-Life Doula Training & Certification program. We are delighted that you have chosen Lifespan Doulas for your professional training needs. Please read the information on this page regarding how to access all training components. And let me know if you have any questions or concerns (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Access Self-Paced Online Training Modules
Within 24 hours of purchase, you should receive an invitation from Thinkific, our online learning platform, giving you access to the Become an End-of-Life Doula self-paced study modules. If you do not receive an invitation, please check your spam folder. If it's not there, then email email@example.com for help.
If you are participating in an upcoming workshop, see the Preparation for the Workshop section below for guidance in prioritizing your progress through the modules prior to the workshop.
Access Live Online Workshop
Your chosen training dates for the End-of-Life Doula Skills Workshop appeared on the receipt you received from our system immediately after registering. Please make a note of it and give us as much advance notice as possible if you need to make any changes.
It is not presumed or expected that you will complete all the self-paced materials prior to the workshop though some folks like to do it that way. It is recommended that you complete the following prior to the workshop (estimated time = <5 hours).
If you are enrolled in the EOL Doula training program only:
- Scope of Practice: Read through Lesson 2.2 and complete the Self-Test in Lesson 2.3.
- Advance Care Planning: Complete Lesson 4.2. If you don't have your own Advance Directive, begin to engage this process. You don't have to have completed everything suggested in this lesson prior to class but it would be good to make a start.
- Lesson 6. Jot down your impressions and questions on the Case Studies. We will go over these in class.
If you are enrolled in the EOLD program and the Birth and/or Postpartum program, these same materials are located in the Doula Fundamentals & Essential Skills and End-of-Life Doula Basics modules as follows:
- Doula Fundamentals: Read through Lesson 1.3 and complete the Self-Test in Lesson 1.3c (Saturday & Week 1).
- EOLD Basics: Read through Module 2. If you don't have your own Advance Directive, begin to engage the process. You don't have to have completed everything suggested in this lesson prior to class but it would be good to make a start. (Saturday & Week 2)
- EOLD Basics: Read through Module 5 and jot down your impressions and questions regarding the Case Studies (Sunday & Week 3).
Downloads / Have available for class
We will use these handouts in class. You simply need to have them open on your computer for class OR you can print them out if you prefer. We have indicated when the handouts will be used based on whether you are taking a Saturday & Sunday weekend workshop or the weekday option offered over three weeks.
- Advance Care Planning Discussion Questions (Saturday & Week 2)
- EOLD Scope of Practice Exercise (Saturday & Week 1)
- Family Functionality Assessment (Sunday & Week 2)
- The Shadow Side of Caregiving (Sunday & Week 2)
- Case Studies (Sunday & Week 3). Bring your notes on the cases.
- 2 Day Schedule OR
- 3 Week Schedule
Access Your Directory Listing
End-of-Life Doula Certification
When you have completed your training requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the exam. Within 24 hours, the exam will be accessible in your Thinkific student portal. Exam questions are in a multiple choice and True/False format. The exam is not timed, meaning you can start and stop as you please. It is open book, meaning you can consult course materials if you need to look something up. And, finally, you can take it as many times as you need to achieve a passing grade of 85%.
In case you want to get started with the reading requirements for certification, we are listing them here. There is no need to buy the books new. Many can be found in your local library or through inter-library loan. You can also search online for used books for the best prices. My Final Wishes is only available from Threshold Care Circle.
- Accompanying the Dying, by Deanna Cochran
- Being Mortal, by Atul Awande
- Stepping Stones, by Ellie Atherton
- My Final Wishes, by Threshold Care Circle