Dementia at End of Life ~ Webinar
With Lori Smith & Patty Brennan
Lori shares practical tips for doulas and other caregivers in the art of support for a person with dementia at end of life. Topics include:
- The EOLD/caregiver’s role in identifying pain
- Communication challenges in expressing pain
- Observing and identifying signs of pain
- Creating a comfortable environment
- 4 main triggers causing distress for a person with dementia
Lori Smith, MA brings 24 years’ experience working in a variety of elder care models, including adult day care, home care, long-term care, memory care, and more. For the past 12 years Lori has specialized in family dementia care and educating families to help them keep loved ones at home for as long as possible. Lori recently completed Lifespan Doulas’ End-of-Life Doula Training program.
BECOME A DOULA!
Do you have questions about becoming a doula?
Sign up for one (or both!) of our FREE monthly interactive webinars and get your questions answered.